Saturday, January 21, 2006

Coaches vs. Cancer Honorary Survivor!



Wow! What an amazing honor! I cannot really describe how wonderful it felt to be out on center court of Gallagher-IBA Arena (one of the great college basketball stadiums) while my accomplishments were read aloud and the crowd roared. Especially since OSU is my alma mater and this was my first basketball game in Stillwater. The people with OSU Athletics and Coaches vs Cancer really took care of me well and coordinated a great event. Today was the first day they started selling Coach Sutton Bobblehead dolls, so I had to get one. All the money benefits the Coaches vs. Cancer charity.



You can get one at www.orangeconnection.com if you are interested.

Take Care, Livestrong, and Go Pokes!

Andrew

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

My sister was at the game and said it was awesome. That sure is a long way from the Sigma Nu house in Norman. hahahaha

Glad they honored you... You deserve it!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the game and I think when you walked out on the court that was the loudest roar I heard all day! That was so cool!
Looks like they picked someone really awesome to honor. Stay strong and Go Pokes!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew -- that is a great photo.

So, does anyone have it on video tape -- or is there anyway for you to get a tape from OSU or whomever televised it??


Dan

9:51 AM  
Blogger Andrew Molenda said...

Ben,
Thanks so much. Like I said before the CVC people were awesome along with the OSU people that coordinated everything. Being an Alum from OSU they made me feel like I was on top of the world when I was on center court. Since I graduated from OSU-Tulsa the only other time I have been to Gallagher was for my graduation.

Glad to hear you gove your time to the CVC.

Livestrong,

Andrew

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home