Monday, January 09, 2006

Can I have water, please?

Andrew is doing great! He seems in MUCH better spirits, which I guess is to be expected. :) We all are! It's been such a wonderful day, truly a gift. Andrew is just very thirsty, and can't wait for that first glass of water. He told the nurse that will be a special day. :) He keeps asking, but of course, the doctors are hesitant. The bile is continuing through his system with no problems, so it would seem that the blockage has past. Yeah!

What a roller-coaster! Yesterday the two options were horrible or worse, and today was just such a relief. We were all very terrified, and today very grateful. Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers and support, the calls and e-mails. It means so much to have such a network of people available to help, and friends who truly care.

LiveStrong,

Amy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so happy for the great news about Andrew. I too was terrified. I was just so worried about what was going to happen.

And leave it to Andrew to put it all in perspective by reminding everyone it's a great day when one can simply have a glass of water.

Joan Kellogg
Louisville KY

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy & Andrew,
I think of you both and pray for you everyday. I had not checked the blog since Saturday and this is the first chance I have had. I am so relieved that so many people were praying at once and their prayers were heard. I will continue with prayers and check for updates.
Robin Bartlett

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home