Monday, January 09, 2006

Surgery Today

Andrew is going in for surgery today. They have warned us that this will be a very difficult surgery, and they gave Andrew the option to go on hospice. Andrew is determined to eat again. They told him no promises, and he said that if he does nothing he definitely won't eat again. So, they will go in and see what they find, and if there is anything they can do to make him more comfortable they will. It could mean a diversion rather than a resection of the tumor/tissue. Their concern is not the removal of cancer (if it turns out to be tumor), but making him feel better.

Andrew says, "Stay Positive, LiveStrong"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with your family.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew and Amy,

Keep up the courageous fight. You are an inspiration to us all. You are in our prayers.

Sally Carter

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, here I was feeling sorry for myself this morning, griping that I hate Mondays, that I wish I didn't have to work (outside the home), that I didn't get my Christmas tree down yesterda, yada yada.

As always, Andrew's web site has managed to put life in perspective for me.

I will be thinking of him, as well as you and the kids. You know, I think of you as often as I think of Andrew. You are an amazing person; you'd have to be to go through all of this with such courage, hope and determination.

Love to you and your family.

Joan Kellogg
Louisville, KY

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love and prayers to both of y'all.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home