Sunday, September 18, 2005

So much has happened since I started chemo last week

I was given three days of ifosimide and DTIC as my chemo regimen. The ifosimide can have a neuro-toxic affect. I got it in spades. I had a lot of confusion, motor control problems, hallucinations, basically an encephalitc response. It was unbearable, I don't know if it was this chemo or just the total effect of my last surgery and neutron therapy. But I could not continue the chemotherapy it was driving me crazy. I have read that prior Cisplatin treatment can make those symptoms worse.

Thursday night I had a MRI of my back, they were concerned that I had metastatic tumors that were not showing in the bone scan. Friday I found out that there is something wrapped around my nerves in my back. Friday night I had a MRI of my brain, they were concerned that I had metastatic tumors in my head. Sunday, I found out that there are no tumors in my brain! Seems weird to type those words. I have a PET scan scheduled for Wednesday to see how advanced my disease has become and I plan on meeting with my oncologist to sort out what my options are at this point.

LIVESTRONG - Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home