Sunday, August 28, 2005

What a drive

Amy and I did the drive from Seattle to Tulsa (2,050 mi) in two days! It was quite an experience. Yesterday we drove from Billings, Montana to Tulsa (1,233 mi). Some of the highlights of the drive:

My car became a gigantic flyswatter, there is literally a layer of dead bugs across the front bumper.

We saw two motorcycle accidents and one car accident, unfortunately they all seemed fatal. Cured me of my desire to buy a motorcycle. They are fun, but just too dangerous.

We stopped at a gas station in Oklahoma just south of the Kansas border. I didn't realize it until I got out of the car, but the station was being swarmed by bugs. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. The ground was covered with them, you could see a path of where my car drove in and squashed them.

Amy got a speeding ticket in Colorado, she wants me to add that I did get a ticket on the way to Seattle in Wyoming. We're starting to think my new hood is getting too much attention from the highway patrol.

All in all it was a road trip we'll never forget. It is really nice to be home in Oklahoma and to see my kids again.

To everyone who sent me an e-mail, I really appreciate your support.

LiveStrong

"Nobody is promised tomorrow" - Walter Payton #34 (Hall of Fame Running Back, Cancer Survivor, Cancer Fatality)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew

Glad to hear you made it home safely

you better contact the courts and find out how to keep the tickets off your record -- or it will fry your insurance --
thanks to those 2 tix in the SHO following you to Indy -- I lost my good driver discount -- got my insurance cancelled and now can only be insured by companies like TITAN ---

anyways - on a recent ticket - I went to court -- the judge was looking over my record and commented that I obviously like to speed since I had two 20+ tickets in a single day and asked how that happened
I responded that I was following my brother and he did not get a ticket
the Judge laughed and responded but you got two of them -- as he continued to laugh


Love
Dan

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home