Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Indiana Bound?

Who knows. I spoke with my Tulsa doctors today regarding the fistula/abscess/small bowel leak issue. They have asked me to involve my Indiana surgeons who performed the pelvic resection last June. Dr. Jacobson, the thoracic surgeon who assisted on my last two surgeries at Indiana is going to review my films from the fistulagram, Barium Enema and upcoming CT scan (This Thursday). Depending on his judgment Amy and I may be scrambling to make it up to Indianapolis so they can perform a surgical repair of my bowel. Personally, I am hopeful that this can be done successfully and I can get relief from the bowel issues along with the abscess issues. Dealing with these issues since last July has been quite miserable.

So far this is all in speculation until the doctors are able to review the films and make their recommendations. When I know something more solid, I'll be the first to post it out here for everyone to see.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Even if I have surgery, I have promised myself that I will be at the Livestrong Ride in Austin this October. And if I am able to meet my $15K goal, I'll be dancing a jig at this year's Ride for the Roses. I'm not letting cancer or these ailments hold me back for one moment!

Livestrong (is there any other way?)

Andrew

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott Joy said...

I look forward to seeing that jig, Andrew! As always, wishing you the best.

Scott

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish something a bit more pleasant could bring you up to see us.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and yours should you need to come to the Hoosier state.

Jodi, Benny, and boys

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you guys and of course, keeping you in my prayers. Livestrong, Kim

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is strong, strong, strong. He sets such a high standard for Living Strong. God, grant me the strength of Andrew! Steve Bourke

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home