Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tuesday Doctor Appointment

Well, we had a good conversation with my Oncologist regarding the short and long term plan regarding the Gemzar/Taxotere chemotherapy that I am undergoing. I actually gained 4lbs over the last week! The most interesting thing from the conversation was that the weight symptoms that are causing my distress could be a result of my cancer just as well as the treatment. I am of the opinion that it is the treatment, however I have been losing weight steadily since last June when I wasn't on chemo.

Today I went ahead and started part two of my first cycle. This dose is only Gemzar which is the easier one for me to tolerate. My last treatment was Gemzar/Taxotere combo which was much harder for me to tolerate. I am going to delay my G/T treatment this phase for a week so I will be feeling good for Thanksgiving. It is important to me to be able to enjoy the time with my family and the holidays have always been important to me.


Have a happy Thanksgiving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home