Monday, November 07, 2005

Update

Well, I finished the first round of Gemzar last week. I have felt really crappy ever since. Lots of Nausea, vomiting, and almost no appetite. The weight loss is really starting to catch up with me, last weigh I was 138lbs, I was about 197lbs before my last surgery. It's to the point where I am scared that I won't be able to gain more weight while going through more chemo. I am seriously considering calling this treatment to a halt until I can get healthy. If you saw me in person you would shocked at how skinny I am, I am shocked and it is weighing on my mental state. Along with the other problems I have endured over the past months.

Here is a brief rundown of my medical treatments for cancer the last two years:

9/03 - 4xBEP chemo - very strong chemo, very strong side effects. I was in my best shape and was able to endure it well.
1/04 - Radical Prostatectomy - I bounced back pretty well and finished my undergrad that spring.
11/04 - Radical Lymphnodectomy - Again I recovered from the surgery pretty well.
1/05 - 4xAdria (The Red Devil) - I tolerated the chemo well, lost some weight but bounced back shortly after completion.
6/05 - Radical pelvic resection - I lost my bladder, rectum, and most of the surrounding tissue with the hope of curing the disease. This surgery still has lingering effects and I have yet to fully recover.
7/05 - neutron Therapy - In the hope of controlling the local disease in my pelvis I had this type of radiation. It is at this time I find out that I have lung mets (tumors), last count was 20.
9/05 - Ifosimide/DTIC - I had one week of this chemo and almost went crazy, I stopped it.
10/05 - Gemzar - My last option, quality of life concerns are forcing me to face whether the treatment is worthwhile.

So as you can see I have a lot on my mind right now.

--I went by my oncology clinic today and had my blood counts checked, they were all good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...sorry you're still not feeling better. Will continue to pray for your physical health, and also for God to help ease the burdon on your mind.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home