Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Pain Management

This has been the hardest thing for me lately. The tumor is in a location that causes a significant amount of pain, especially when sitting. Initially I was trying to manage it with Lortab, but it was not very effective and the pain was getting unmanageable. I am now taking Oxycontin, a medicine that gets a lot of negative press because people abuse it (almost every pain med is abused by addicts). I was weary of it because of the press it has been given, but now it is really working and I am feeling much better than I was on the Lortab.

I am really just looking forward to getting this thing out of me and moving on with the recovery. Then I can get off of the pain meds, eventually get back to work and a little bit of normalcy. Amy and the kids really deserve it. I'm just hoping and praying that this surgery will be the last and I can finally breath a sigh of relief. Over the past 18 months I've will have had three surgeries and two chemo regimens. I really didn't get any time between this tumor and the one last fall. The stress and anxiety is really starting to wear on everyone. I have faith that this will do the trick and we can all start the healing process.

LIVESTRONG - This phrase gains more meaning and more importance to me and my family as every day passes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your people stand beside you... and in front of you, to your left and right. We will stay there.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D I second that...we're here for you and your family, Andrew.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home