Thursday, May 26, 2005

Strongest person I know

Has to be my six year old, Liam. I am continually amazed at how strong he has been throughout my treatments. We are very honest with him about my illness. Amy has been working with him on a workbook for children coping with a serious illness in their family. It has been very helpful in getting him to talk to us about his feelings. His comments were right on, he said that "Daddy didn't get a long enough break between the last two tumors" and he wants to know "When Daddy will be done having tumors". I think we all feel the same way and have the same question.

My other two kids, Lanie and Evan, still young enough that they don't fully appreciate what I'm going through. Their innocence is refreshing and they can brighten my day with something as little as a smile.

I worry the most about my kids and Amy. I worry about how they handle all that life has handed us, and I worry about what would happen if this turned into a terminal case.

There is nothing in my life more important to me than my family.

LIVESTRONG - Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home