Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What Condition My Condition is in

Well, I met with Dr. Langerak today after he was able to consult with Dr. Einhorn/IUPUI. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Indy again for another surgery by Dr. Foster. Once they have removed it they can run a full pathology and get a final determination on what exactly we are dealing with. The people at IUPUI are literally the best when it comes to urological cancer, and I trust my medical team (Tulsa and Indy) that this is the best approach.

This surgery obviously is not on my list of things to do this summer, but there are many positives that I can focus on.

-It is in the same basic location as my previous tumors
-No organs have been compromised
-Brain is unremarkable (For once that's a good thing :)
-My chest clear
-Abdomen show physiological uptake in the liver & urinary organs (normal) NO focal area to promote malignancy
-No evidence of nodal disease in the abdomen or pelvis
-Since this is basically the same surgery as my previous two, there will be no new incisions and I'm an old pro at the recovery

My next steps are to get the CTs and PET scans to Dr. Foster. Once he has time to plan his surgery he'll schedule a date for the surgery and an appointment. At that time, I'll work out the logistics of either flying or driving to Indy, finding childcare for my three little ones, and a hotel room for Amy during the surgery. I really have been blessed with a great support system of family and friends, wonderful benefits at work, and a management team that is understanding and supportive.

As always, I'll keep updating my blog and sending out e-mails so everyone will know "What Condition My Condition is in"

LIVESTRONG -- Andrew

P.S. If there is any way possible you can bet that I'll still be in DC for LIVESTRONG day to advocate for my fellow survivors. If not I'll be there in spirit with my fellow survivors and do my best from home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you decide to bring your kids to Indy with you, I would be more than happy to watch them. I can even drive up there (we are an hour south of Indy now). Dan and your mom have my number.

Jodi

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home