Friday, April 29, 2005

A Gloomy Day in Tulsa

It's been one of those days today, cold, windy, and overcast.

It's fitting weather for the news I have to deliver.

I got the call from Dr. Langerak's nurse, the PET Scan wasn't good. It showed "hyper-metabolic" activity in the area of concern. The good news is that this still could be an inflammation or an infection from the surgery, the bad news is that it could be cancer again. Monday afternoon I meet with Dr. Langerak. Prior to my appointment he will be talking with Dr. Einhorn/IUPUI to discuss a plan to determine what this is in my pelvis. I probably have a needle biopsy to look forward too. Pardon my French, but this was like a kick in the nuts! I'm a little desensitized to it nowadays but it still hurts. It hurts even more to talk to people about it. I could barely stand to call my parents and deliver the news. But I'm tough and I've been through it before. If it is cancer I'm ready for whatever I have to do to kill the s.o.b.

I'll let everyone know what the plan is and what the results are throughout this process.

LIVESTRONG ---- Andrew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handle it however you need to handle it. We are here to support you.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home