Thursday, February 03, 2005

Why I do what I do

A week or so ago, I received this comment and I wanted to make sure that everyone got a chance to read it. Knowing that my story has given someone in a similar situation hope is the most rewarding thing imaginable.

I'm wishing you the best, Andrew. I've read as much as I could about you
and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I look to your success and positive
attitude as inspiration for my own daily life.I was diagnosed with estragonadal
retroperitoneal germ cell tumor with metasteses to my liver and both lungs in
June of '04. I was treated with Bleomycin, Etopiside, and Cisplatinm (four
rounds). I went into respiratory failure from Bleomycin and had a severe blood
infection. I was in the hospital for 4 months. By the end of September, I had
lost all my hair, lost 43lbs (I got down to 88lbs), had 3 surgeries, and a blood
clot in my lung. The doctors told my family that I probably would not make it
thru my final round of chemo two times. But I did make it. I'm fine and I'm back
at work now. I've had two CAT scans since I went into remission in Oct of '04
and so far I am clean. The doctor tells me that my chances for recurrence are
greater than 70% because they cannot resect the dead tumor cells in my lungs
becuase there are too many. But like you, I see everyday as a gift and something
to treasure and really feel. I've never met anyone with our type of cancer, so
it was nice to find you online and hear a story that I can relate too. Like I
said, I'm wishing you the best, and will try to send healing vibes your way.
Thank you for sharing your story and your inspiration. These are the stories
that get me through each day when I feel that no one else in my life can really
understand. If you would like to get in touch with me, please email me at
dave63@adlephia.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home