Monday, January 31, 2005

Treatment Week #2

Well, I just got home from my second round of adria. My CBC test showed that my blood counts are all normal! That's pretty impressive considering how hard my white and red blood cells were hit during the four rounds of BEP a little over a year ago.

I asked my oncologist about the staging for my type of cancer. Recently Amy was reading about Sarcoma staging (a metastized sarcoma tumor in a lymph node is S4) , prostate cancer, and testicular cancer. All of which portray a rather advanced stage. His answer was that since my last tumor originated in the lymph node as a sarcoma, and my primary tumor was a EGC - Nonseminomous yolk sac tumor of the prostate none of the staging charts are going to apply. So basically I'm writing the chart as I go.

I'm just focused on getting past this round of chemotherapy, getting back on the bike, and getting rolling on fundraising for the LAF.

-Andrew


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home