Thursday, February 17, 2005

Update

Well I am finally feeling 100% again. I've been over the chemo side affects since last weekend, but there's been a cold bug going around the house. Just in time for treatment week #3 starting on Monday. I plan on bringing the digital camera so I can post some pics of the the treatment process for everyone to see.

My six year old, Liam starts Spring soccer season with a clinic this weekend. I miss being his coach, but I can't do it this time around. I don't want to volunteer for something I can't follow through on. He hasn't said anything but I know he wishes I was healthy enough to coach again.

My kids have really helped me through this chemo. When I'm feeling my worst my little one, Evan will smile at me and help me get my mind of the sickness. He's the happiest little guy in Tulsa. And my middle child, Alena (aka Daddy's princess) has been a sweetheart. She is always trying to take care of her Daddy.

Amy's my rock. She's always there for me, sitting with me during treatment, taking care of me when I am sick, and comforting me when I am sad/depressed. I couldn't have made it through everything I have undergone without her.

People always make the comment that I must be strong to have made it through these trials. While that is true, I am as strong as my family that supports me. With the love of Amy, Liam, Alena, and Evan I am stronger than on my own. This extends to my parents, brother, sister, in-laws, cousins, friends, and fellow survivors. No one is alone when they fight cancer. It touches everyone in my life and they help me through it.

-Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home