Sunday, July 10, 2005

Liam is very ill

He has been in the hospital since Friday. They think he has viral meningitis. There is no real fix for it, just lots of fluids and waiting. Amy has been here with him non-stop, she is amazing. I feel mentally overloaded. I feel powerless. This is a miserable situation.

I have always told myself that I would go through all of this again as long as I never had to see my children go through it. Granted, cancer and meningitis are very different, but watching him go through the hospital "experience" is devastating to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you beginning to feel like Job? They say God never gives us more than we can handle. He must think you are one tough person.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Andrew -- you and Amy both are the strongest people I've ever met.

If Liam is half as tough as his Dad, he'll be fine. And with both yours and Amy's genes and strong will, he'll fight like you have.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just let us know what is needed- and it will be done.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home