Wednesday, July 27, 2005

1st Day of Neutrons

My first treatment went smoothly. I imagined those neutrons doing their job. I kept seeing Tony Montana from Scarface saying "Say hello to my little friends" and blasting them all to hell.

Some encouraging responses from my surgeons:

"My instinct tells me that a regrowth of cancer significant enough to be visible on a CT scan this soon after surgical exicision would be very unlikely. With all of the operations and "whittling" that you have had in your pelvis, reliable interpretation of a CT scan would be quite difficult."

"I really doubt your tumor has grown that quickly, and I agree that it is probably a benign fluid collection. I also agree you should go ahead with the therapy."

So maybe it's nothing, but the neutrons are doing their job regardless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew, this sounds great! I had to smile about you movie analogy. Larry and I have been thinking about you all day and it was really good to hear some encouraging news! Keep up the good work and keep killing those pesky cells..

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home